These are great for after a workout or a long sweaty day. When the biggest organ in your body (your skin) needs a refresh, a nice soak with this bomb can go a long way. For all of you who are starting a new fitness regime this at the end of a workout may be just the motivation you need to sweat your butt off.
- 1 teaspoon Epsom Salt
- 2 teaspoon Bentonite Clay
- 1 teaspoon Activated Charcoal
- 2 cups Baking Soda
- 1 cup Citric Acid
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Polysorbate 80
- 3 tablespoons rubbing alcohol
- Essential Oils (I like eucalyptus, lemon, and tea tree) feel free to come up with your own mix
- Mesh Strainer (optional)
- Double Boiler, Crockpot or microwave and microwave safe bowl
- Gloves (cause let’s be sanitary) – i like the thick cleaning gloves you can wash because I often poke holes with my nails in regular gloves.
- Molds (for the one pictured I used a 3 inch spherical mold and a silicone cupcake mold)
- Measuring cups
- Mixing bowl – I triple the recipe above and use these for larger orders
- mixing utensil (I used a rubber spatula but you can use a whisk or a spoon)
- Spray bottle
Notice that I did not add and fragrance oils or colorants. After all that sweating I would not want to add anything “pretty” just functional, no added stuff you don’t need just the refreshing awesomeness.
- Melt coconut oil. You can use a double boiler a microwave or a crock pot. While this is melting you can move to step 2. If using a microwave do 30 second bursts so as not to scorch and stir in between. Microwaves do not heat evenly and are not prefered.
- Mix dry ingredients. I like to sift them through the strainer so I don’t get chunks. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed so you don’t get pockets of one ingredient.
- Mix wet ingredients. I like to put them in a small spray bottle so i can evenly disperse liquids. Make sure they are thoroughly mixed first. Once they are all mixed work quickly because if the coconut oil cools it will be solid again.
- Spray dry ingredients. While spraying the dry mixture mix it thoroughly. I find it is easier to mix with my hands which i why i use the gloves. It may fizz slightly and that needs to be snuffed out quickly. Make sure to disperse liquid as evenly as possible. It will help with molding later.
- For silicone mold you want to use more than you would regularly (right hand picture above) notice how the mixture looks in the bowl, not nearly as powdery. For the muffin bomb I put it in the spherical mold then put the sphere in a cupcake liner.